Look of the Moment: Black Friday, 2010

11/26/10
JAX

Yes, I know, our "Look of the Moment" section hasn't been updated in months.  And that is why, instead of being out shopping this Black Friday, I sit at home dissecting a new outfit for you all (it's not because the inevitably packed stores would kick my claustrophobia into overdrive).

Proenza Schouler's most recent show was the only one of the spring 2011 season that I watched live online, and I think that being able to gush to Katie on the phone over every look as it was walking in New York made the collection that much more special to me.  It was hard for me to pick one particular look that was my favorite, so I decided to try to pick one that really encompassed the feel of the entire show.  Some of the standout pieces were the tie dyed shifts paired with crafty, oversized necklaces, the bubble shirt a la 1999, and slip inspired dresses with ruffled details.  In the end, though, I had to go with this relatively simple skirt suit.  Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez were quoted as saying that they "wanted it to be a little more polished," than previous collections, and that certainly was evident in the office-appropriate tweeds, Chanel box jackets, and mid-level pumps that littered the runways.  The boys kept their distinctive, Proenza-cool element by adding acidic yellows and greens to the palette, and keeping skinny belts low-slung.  The overall effect was a stunning array of pieces that would stand out in the board room or during a night out on the town.


0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux