The Art Issue

10/12/10
JAX


Really though?  It's not like I'm an elitist by any means, but a Kardashian on the cover of the art issue?  Right after brand-freaking-new editor Stefano Tonchi was quoted talking all about how he didn't want to  "engage in the cutthroat newsstand-sales game," presumably by slapping of-the-moment tabloid stars on covers to pull readers.  I don't know, I haven't bought the issue, and I doubt I will.  Maybe it's totally great.  Just seeing Kim Kardashian's name in large font, ahead of the likes of Juergen Teller and Salvador Dali is kind of disheartening.

1 remark

Cait said...

Kim Kardashian, Johnny Knoxville, Pee-wee Herman... how the hell do they make the ticket with the likes of Dali, Teller, etc? Kim Kardashian and Art don't feel right in the same sentence. And that cover is either really, really ironic, or Tonchi is a huge liar. She couldn't be clothed? No, because then she wouldn't have a purpose. Which is to pull in readers. Ughhh.

Anyway, I'm a reader of Aimee's blog (Fashion Is A Drug, Get Wasted) and I saw your interview and decided to check out your blog. I love it! Keep up the good work~ I might get an account on blogspot just so I can legit follow all the great fashion blogs :)

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux