Water & Oil

8/10/10
JAX

Time for more fashion drama.  This is Kristen Mcmenamy for August 2010 Vogue Italia shot by Steven Meisel.  Ms. Mcmenamy is clearly meant to depict the catastrophic situation that birds in the Gulf Coast currently face, but it has been put into question whether the spread was meant to gain support for the cause, or as an attention ploy for the magazine.  I don't have as strong of feelings as I did over the Juarez situation, but it is notable that some of the jewelry featured was made from entirely recycled materials by locals of the Gulf area.  Any thoughts?

2 remarks

Aney Mei said...

This editorial actually captured my interest. I love the way they portrayed everything. From capturing photos in darkness and emphasizing the catastrophic events existing.

A Stylish Affair said...

I think this editorial is absolutely beautiful. I love the fact that it conveys such a strong message and a sense for awareness. Each of the photographs are so strong, the seventh one in particular is just fascinating.

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux