Bargain....Psssssh.

6/29/10
KATIE

Maybe it's just me (or maybe it's because I'm cheap), but I generally don't get excited about Vogue's Cheap and Chic section where the "Cheap" items are generally in the $400 range. I'm sorry, but as a college student with two jobs, I don't have $395 sitting around to spend on a cocktail ring.

$395 ring from Saks; aka, not worth it

Unlike Vogue/Elle/Harper's Cheap-o sections, the Under $100 section over at Who What Wear is generally very affordable. I always really enjoy seeing which items they choose to feature and gawking at the super inexpensive prices of items that would seem to be worth much more.

However, the most recent Under $100 section, which features neutral sandals, was definitely a rip off in a Vogue-Cheap-and-Chic sort of way. I'm sorry, but when I see a spread entitled "Under $100," I generally expect for more than one out of seven items to be at least under $90.



Not what I was expecting.

It was unsettling to see that Who What Wear has followed in Vogue's footsteps by trying to trick me into believing that they are showing me a great deal. Ugh...pet peeve for sure.

-Katie

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux