spring already sprung.

4/14/10
BY KATIE

As much as I claim to love everything about fashion, the one thing I will probably never have any interest in is actually designing, which is funny, because without that there is no fashion. I love to draw and doodle, but making things has never appealed to me; it seems too difficult/time-consuming.

 However, a few months ago I found these timelapses of growing and dying flowers and was immediately inspired to find a designer and request that they make clothes that imitate the process of flourishing and fading away. This is definitely the closest I've ever come to wanting to design any type of clothing. How would this be done? I don't know; maybe make dresses that move like dying flowers or use skewed prints of full peonies or dying irises. Either way, I was really, overwhelmingly inspired by these videos, and now that spring essentially gone and replaced by summer where I live, I'm inspired to see more blooming and fading flower in my life, whether they be in real life or on the runway.

I hope you like these. They're just a sampling of the beautiful timelapses done by Alexander Stengel that I found on vimeo. I definitely suggest checking out the other timelapses here if you have some time.

Orange ranunculaceae / timelapse from munich timelapse on Vimeo.


This orange ranunculaceae almost looks like it's breathing as it blooms.

Iris blooming / timelapse from munich timelapse on Vimeo.


This one would certainly make a beautiful gown.

White cherry blossom / timelapse from munich timelapse on Vimeo.


Like little, white, flowery explosions.

And finally, my favorite, the pink peony:

Peony flower / timelapse from munich timelapse on Vimeo.


Absofreakinglutely gorgeous.

katie

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux