Nina Ricci Pre-Fall 2011

1/11/11



There are a couple brands that always come to mind when I think of the term "Parisian chic."  Isabelle Marant, for one, and Lanvin, of course... but there's a label that I had kind of forgotten about for the past few seasons until now, and that is Nina Ricci.  I was always a huge fan of Oliver Theyskens's work for the company, and since he was let go I kind of disregarded the clothes produced thereafter.

I was, however, pleasantly surprised when I came across Peter Copping's pre-fall collection for Nina Ricci.  Cobwebby lace, sequins, and touches of fur all lent to the feminine, romantic feel of the clothing. The polka dotted, tiered dress layered over a long sleeved shirt and paired with a floppy hat (shown above) was absolutely my favorite look.  The layering was unexpected; cool yet elegant, and the outfit reminded me of something that would have been shot by the late Richard Avedon.  Overall, it was a really solid collection full of wearable clothes for the girl who reads Jane Austen and drinks French press with cream at outdoor cafes.


Jax

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux