Couture Connections

7/19/10
JAX

As I was wasting time, as usual, mindlessly clicking through style.com's community lookbooks, I ran across this creation from Valentino's fall 2008 couture collection.  Oftentimes I have trouble connecting various silhouettes and similar features from different shows, but when I saw this I immediately thought Chanel spring 2010 couture.  The muted pastel color, the satiny sheen (though not quite as bright), statement bracelets, and column shape are all definitely things that I associate with Karl's masterpiece shown this past winter, but I never realized that it was done by Valentino first.  Although none of these attributes are that revolutionary by any means, it is odd to see them all together, in two different collections, and by two different designers nonetheless.  And now I leave you with this random (to me, anyways) fact:  Before Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli designed for Valentino some other woman named Alessandra Facchinetti was the designer at the Italian house.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux