Baby Got Back

7/7/10
JAX

Can we please, please talk about the astounding detailing of Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy's Fall 2010 Couture collection?  I really cannot stop thinking about these clothes.  I viewed Dior's show first and was adequately blown away, as I always am with Christian Dior Couture, but Givenchy's presentation just absolutely took me into another realm.  According to Tim Blanks, "the inspiration was Frida Kahlo and her three obsessions: religion, sensuality... and the human anatomy."  I think that the most obvious theme coming through is, in fact, a focus upon the skeletal system.  Even more beautiful than the fronts of the looks, in my opinion, is the backs; I'm so glad style.com included pictures of the clothes from reverse.  I could really just go on and on into my ideas about the different focal points and facets of the collection, but the fact of the matter is that I have to get to work soon, so you are spared from being bored by me.  For now.


0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux