Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2011 RTW

3/26/11

So clearly neither Jax nor I really pushed through reviewing all four weeks of fall fashion this year (do we ever), because I'm just now discovering Dolce & Gabbana's celestial 80's (or 50's rockabilly, according to Vogue) collection, and I'm overwhelmingly obsessed. Dolce & Gabbana fused their original classic shapes and techniques with insanely fun textures, prints, and colors, leading to a collection that is completely out of this world.


Sparkles, stars, brogues, and tiger print? Say no more, I'm hooked.


While basically everything about the collection was fantastic, I have to admit I'm not a big fan of 80's dressing. And when I say not a big fan, I mean I'll oftentimes wish that the 80's as a decade never happened. In fact, this collection is the only good thing I've ever seen come out of the whole tacky era. The music note printed pieces and over the top shoulder-padded blazers were definitely at the lower end of the spectrum of goodness, and could have potentially turned me off of the collection all together if it weren't for the amazing success of the rest of the clothes. Clearly my pink sparkly mascara and Happy Birthday nail polish are not going to be enough come fall. Considering my constantly growing affection for the collection, I don't think they're going to be enough come spring anymore either.

Images from Vogue.com

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux