Thread and Metal

2/2/11

Friendship bracelets have been on the rise for a while now, but recently a flashier version has come into popularity.  Braided textiles wrapped with various metals are currently the of-the-moment accessory.  Unsurprisingly, however, all of the pieces that I can find for sale are pretty overpriced.  Shown are bracelets from Giles and BrotherAurelie BidermannSCoshaVenessa Arizaga, and Frieda and Nellie, none of which are under one-hundred dollars.  I actually have a cheaper, plain version from Frieda and Nellie that I love, but I can't ever see myself getting another.  Especially now that I've seen a tutorial of how to make my own.  Basically, to make the Aurelie Bidermann version (below, top left), all it takes is a gold chain link bracelet, which you then wrap with the thread of your choice (I'm sorry that I can't remember the blog that had this idea, if you know the one I'm talking about, please let me know).  I will definitely be trying this little DIY trick this weekend and will let you all know how it goes!

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux