Thoughts on Fall 2011

2/14/11
"Just like artists make paintings to go on a wall or perform in a way to fit a space, they're designing clothes to fit people's bodies.  It's like watching a moving sculpture."


As much as I hate that it's true; my life is pretty hectic right now.  I returned home from New York yesterday to knocked down curtains and unraveled toilet paper thanks to my rambunctious kitten, I have a decent amount of schoolwork to do, I still haven't unpacked from my trip, and I desperately need a trip to the gym.  All that, plus it's a beautiful 60 degrees and sunny here in southern Kentucky today, and all that I really want to do is sit outside on my balcony and read a good book.

So in lieu of reviewing any shows for now, here are some of my favorite NYFW moments so far: a quote Kalup Linzy gave at the Cynthia Rowley show; buns woven with fabric at Thakoon; Kate Foley's outfit that she wore to Lincoln Center on Sunday; looks that appear to be layered, but are really all one piece so that you don't have to deal with actually putting together layers yourself at Preen; and Alexander Wang's outstanding fall collection that has completely renewed my faith in the young designer.

Sources: first three, the Cut; Preen images, Style.com

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux