I LOVE Stella McCartney

10/21/10
JAX

After reading this pretty scathing exchange between Stefano Gabbana and his friend Fabio Viscovo discussing Stella McCartney over Twitter (presumably without knowing exactly how Twitter works), I was moved to review some of my favorite Stella moments.  Without detailing the entire conversation, I must explain that Mr. Gabbana directly asked, in reference to Ms. McCartney, "What is she known for?  What is her specialty?"  Well, I, an avid McCartney fan, would have to argue that she is obviously known for her use of sheer layering, voluminous silhouettes, and Parisianchicneutralfeminineminimalistdaywear duhh (Yep, that's all considered one).  Above, I have complied some looks, dating from Spring 2002 RTW to Stella's most current show (click it to enlarge).  Each of the looks are from a different collection; So, I'd say Stella McCartney's pretty well solidified her place in fashion, as well as her brand's signature aesthetic.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux