Dries Van Noten Spring 2011 Menswear

8/5/10
JAX
all images via style.com

I generally don't care much for menswear.  It's not that I can't appreciate it or anything, I just happen to get a lot more excited about clothes that I can daydream about wearing, so when it comes to shows for the boys, I almost always skip over the link and review one of my favorite women's shows of seasons past.  Menswear collections are often trumped by NYFW announcements and/or general excitement, as they come out sometimes less than a month before it starts.  However, when I came across some Tommy Ton shots of the Dries Van Noten Spring 2011 Men's RTW, to quote Rachel Zoe "I died."  I shouldn't have been surprised, Mr. Van Noten consistently impresses me with womenswear, but to be perfectly honest, I had no idea that DVN even produced men's clothes.  The bags alone are awe-inducing enough, but the actual clothes are absolutely impeccable as well.  The overall look of the show is something I would probably describe as "classic-refined/American Apparel-skinhead."  As usual, Tim Blanks had a much more eloquent way of describing it.  Apparently some of the actual inspiration for the collection came from The Great Gatsby and A Clockwork Orange (two of my favorite books, what do you know). Seeing these pieces have definitely motivated me to look into at least some of the boy's shows when they come around again.  And they've left me hoping that Dries does a similarly awesome version for the women come September.  I'll be eagerly awaiting.


Sorry, I'm beyond enamored with these details pictures.  The Dries link in the above paragraph will take you to the entire collection.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux