DIY: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

6/22/10
KATIE


While out looking for the perfect pale blue nail polish yesterday, Jax and I talked endlessly about how each of us badly wanted our own bottle of Bumble and Bumble's hair-stylist-coveted Surf Spray. In Nashville, it has been hitting 100 degrees about every day recently, and any thought of sleek, straight locks or perfectly prim curls leaps from your mind the second you feel the 42% humidity turn your hair into an instant afro. That said, this Surf Spray is just about the only way to wear your hair down this time of year and look decent at the same time. While I'm willing to buy a miracle hair product any day, I'm not necessarily willing to give away $22.00 of money that I should be spending on things like gas and food.

Perfectly enough, after quickly googling Bumble's spray, I came across this link at Not Martha, an awesome, little miscellaneous blog, that gives a simple little recipe for making your own Surf Spray! I decided to give it a try, and after paying only $6.00 for some great Aveeno hair gel, I mixed up the recipe and gave it a shot. While I don't have a camera to offer photographic evidence, you can take my word when I say that this DIY is super easy and super worth it! My hair not only feels great, but has wonderful texture and subtle waves that seem to scream that I might be an outdoorsy surfer, or something equally as cool and trendy. And the mix takes literally a minute to make. I don't think it's possible to mess up.

For your convenience, here are the ingredients and the steps needed to make your own Surf Spray:

You'll need:
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt (I used about 1 and 3/4)
- 1 or 2 generous squirts of hair gel (I used 2 squirts of Aveeno Nourish+Shine Soft-Hold Gel-Creme, which smells FANTASTIC)
- 4 ounces of water
- 1 spray bottle

Directions:
Pour everything into the squirt bottle in any order, pop the top on, shake it up until the Epsom salt has dissolved, and TADA! You're ready for perfect hair!

I hope the spray works out as well for everybody else as it has for me. Let me know if anyone tries it!

-Katie

1 remark

Danica said...

Ohh my Gosh its my favorite surf spray!

Post a Comment

we love your comments!

Download

Recent Posts

Follow Les Deux